- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spring Ham Casserole Recipe
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken bouillon cubes||2|
|Whole button mushrooms||4 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|Ham||2 Cup (32 tbs), diced|
|Spaghetti||8 Ounce, cooked (1 Package)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon (To Garnish)|
Calories 576 Calories from Fat 263
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46%
Saturated Fat 17.4 g87.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 135.3 mg
Sodium 745.2 mg31.1%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.1%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 29 g58.3%
Vitamin A 24.7% Vitamin C 24.8%
Calcium 17.1% Iron 18.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Drain the mushroom liquid into a 1 cup measure. Add water to equal 1 whole cup.
2. In a medium (2 quart or 8 cup) microwaveable casserole or serving dish, melt the butter in the microwave for 1 minute.
3. Stir the vegetables into the butter, return to the microwave and cook another 2 minutes until limp
4. Blend in the flour and bouillon cubes into the vegetable-butter mixture.
5. Gradually add and stir the mushroom liquid and light cream into the mixture until smooth.
6. Return to the microwave and cook the sauce for about 12 minutes stirring every 2 minutes, until the sauce is thick and bubbly.
7. Add the mushrooms and ham to the sauce.
8. In a serving dish, heap cooked spaghetti and pour the sauce over it.
9. Top with parmesan cheese and parsley and serve hot.