- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Microwave Spring Ham Casserole Recipe
|Uncooked spaghetti||7 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Instant chicken bouillon granules||2 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Half and half||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cubed fully cooked ham||3 Cup (48 tbs) (1/2 Inch Cubes)|
|Button mushrooms||4 1⁄2 Ounce, drained (1 Jar)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Snipped fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 658 Calories from Fat 248
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.1%
Saturated Fat 14.5 g72.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 56.6 mg
Sodium 759.3 mg31.6%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.7%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 50 g100.5%
Vitamin A 25.5% Vitamin C 33.7%
Calcium 20.8% Iron 6.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a microwaveable bowl, boil water.
2. Add spaghetti to boiling water and cook in the microwave according to packet directions. Drain pasta and set aside.
3. In a microwaveable casserole melt butter in the microwave at HIGH for 1 minute.
4. Add celery, onion, green pepper to the hot melted butter.
5. Cover dish with cling wrap.
6. Microwave at HIGH for 3 to 4 minutes until vegetables are tender.
7. Uncover dish and stir in flour, bouillon granules, white pepper.
8. Further blend in the cream.
9. Return uncovered dish to the microwave.
10. Reduce microwave power to 7.
11. Cook for 4 1/2 to 6 minutes, stirring once, until the sauce has thickened.
12. Into the sauce, stir ham, mushrooms and cooked spaghetti. Toss lightly to mix.
13. Microwave for another 5 to 7 minutes, stirring once till the spaghetti is well heated.
14. Dish out into individual deep dish plates.
15. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
16. Serve hot.