- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spring Granita Recipe Video
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemons||3 (2 lemons zested and all 3 juiced)|
|Oranges||3 (2 oranges zested and all 3 juiced)|
Calories 579 Calories from Fat 6
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.68 g1%
Saturated Fat 0.15 g0.74%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2.2 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 151 g50.5%
Dietary Fiber 7.2 g29%
Sugars 134.3 g
Protein 2 g4.7%
Vitamin A 6.8% Vitamin C 158.3%
Calcium 8.3% Iron 3.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Zest 2 oranges and 2 lemons and squeezed all the oranges and lemons.
2. In a saucepan, put the water and sugar together and bring to a boil.
3. Allow to boil for 5 minutes or until the sugar melts.
4. Meanwhile, in blender put together bananas, lemon and orange zest and juice and blend until smooth.
5. In a bowl, mix together the simple syrup and the banana mixture and allow to cool.
6. In a shallow baking dish, pour the mixture and put it in a freezer for 1 ½ to 2 hours.
7. Remove the baking dish from the oven and scrape it with a fork.
8. Put it back in the freezer for 2 hours.
9. When ready to serve scrap the mixture with fork and put it in a glass or a bowl.
10. Serve chilled as desired.