- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spring Chicken In A Pot Recipe
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Boneless skinless chicken thighs||18 Ounce (500 Gram)|
|Small new potatoes||10 Ounce (300 Gram)|
|Low salt vegetable stock||3⁄4 Pint (425 Milliliter, Such As Kallo Low Salt Vegetable Stock Cubes)|
|Broccoli||12 Ounce, cut into small florets (350 Gram)|
|Spring greens||12 Ounce, shredded (350 Gram)|
|Petit pois peas||5 Ounce (140 Gram)|
|Spring onions||1 Bunch (100 gm), sliced|
Calories 708 Calories from Fat 278
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.8%
Saturated Fat 5.8 g29%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 247.5 mg
Sodium 735 mg30.6%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g14.9%
Dietary Fiber 12.4 g49.7%
Sugars 10.3 g
Protein 61 g121.6%
Vitamin A 31.2% Vitamin C 296.3%
Calcium 16.1% Iron 27.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large, heavy pan, heat the oil over moderate heat.
2. Add the onions and gently fry for 5 minutes until softened.
3. Now add the chicken thighs, and fry until they are lightly coloured.
4. To the pan, add the potatoes, stock and a generous helpng of freshly ground black pepper.
5. Bring the mixture to the boil.
6. Now cover the mixture, reduce the heat and then simmer for 30 minutes until the potatoes are tender and the chicken is cooked.
7. To this, add the broccoli, spring greens, petit pois and spring onions and stir well.
8. Increase the heat and return the mixture to a boil.
9. Cover, and cook for 5 minutes more.
10. Finally, stir in the pesto.
11. Cook till the mixture with the pesto is heated through.
12. Serve hot.
You can freeze the chicken after it has been simmered for 30 minutes before adding the greens, and dfrost and cook it later.