- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spring Bitter Greens Salad with Sweet Orange Dressing Recipe Video
|Watercress/Belgian endives||1 Bunch (100 gm), coarsely chopped, with juices|
|Baby arugula||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Grape fruit||1 Large, supremed|
|Brown rice syrup||1 Teaspoon|
|Apple cider vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||4 Teaspoon|
|Sea salt||2 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Ounce|
|Black olives||8 Small|
|Almond||3 Tablespoon, slivered|
Calories 310 Calories from Fat 209
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.9%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1685.4 mg70.2%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.2%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 7 g14.4%
Vitamin A 48.6% Vitamin C 128.8%
Calcium 17.2% Iron 7.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, add in baby arugula and watercress.
2. Take the grapefruit, place it above the mixing bowl and peel off the outer skin making sure the inside flesh is still intact.
3. After peeling, make small incisions along each membrane, cut out the piece and put it into the bowl. Squeeze the remaining grapefruit juice into the bowl and discard.
4. For the dressing: in another bowl add fresh orange juice.
5. Stir in the extra virgin olive oil and whisk briskly until the liquid emulsifies.
6. Add in the brown rice syrup, apple cider vinegar and sea salt and whisk for a few seconds until nice and smooth.
7. Drizzle this dressing over the mixing bowl of green leafy vegetables. Toss well to coat the green leafy vegetables.
8. Top the salad with olives and toss well.
9. Just before serving the salad, add some slivered almonds and toss.
10. Arrange the salad on a platter or in a shallow bowl.