- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spotted Dick Recipe
|Self-raising flour||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Fresh white breadcrumbs||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Shredded suet||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Caster sugar||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Castor sugar||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Currants||3 Ounce, cleaned (75 Gram)|
|Lemon||1 (Use The Lemon Rind)|
|Lemon||1 , rinded|
|Milk||1⁄4 Pint (Generous)|
Calories 502 Calories from Fat 243
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.6%
Saturated Fat 13.9 g69.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3 mg
Sodium 629.8 mg26.2%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.5%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12.2%
Sugars 18.8 g
Protein 7 g13.3%
Vitamin A 0.9% Vitamin C 33.1%
Calcium 18.8% Iron 15%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Finely grate the lemon rind.
2) In a basin, sift the flour and salt .
3) Add the breadcrumbs, suet, sugar, currants and lemon rind and mix well.
4) Add enough milk to mix to a medium dropping consistency.
5) In a well-buttered 1 1/2-pint (scant 1-litre) pudding basin, spoon the mixture that should fill three-quarters of the basin.
6) Cover with buttered double-thickness greaseproof paper with buttered side inwardsâ€”fold in a pleat to allow the pudding to rise and tie securely.
7) Either in a proper steamer or on an upturned saucer in a saucepan with boiling water one-third up the sides of the basin, steam the pudding gently for 2 hours,
8) Top the pan up with boiling water as required.
9) Remove the papers and turn out the pudding.
10) Serve the warm pudding with cream.