- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spot Fillet Po Boys Recipe Video
|All pupose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Hot sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Panko bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Southern crisps||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Crushed red pepper||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh ground black pepper||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Lemon||2 , juice extracted|
|6 inch french rolls||2|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomatillo salsa||1 Tablespoon|
|Cocktail sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Lettuce leaves||30 Gram|
Calories 1726 Calories from Fat 477
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g82.3%
Saturated Fat 6.6 g32.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 123.5 mg
Sodium 1637.1 mg68.2%
Total Carbohydrates 235 g78.4%
Dietary Fiber 26.7 g106.9%
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 85 g170.3%
Vitamin A 33% Vitamin C 51%
Calcium 15.7% Iron 47.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, place flour.In another bowl place buttermilk mixed with hot sauce.
2. In one more bowl place bread crumbs, southern crisps along with black and red pepper.
3. In a skillet, heat oil to 350F.
4. Dredge the fillet, first into the flour, then in buttermilk and finally in the bread crumb mixture and gently slide into the skillet. Season with lemon juice.
5. In another skillet, place onion along with the olive oil, saute until the onions turn tender.
6. In an oven place, the french loafs and toast it slightly.
7. Coat the bottom of the bread with cocktail sauce, and top with lettuce and tomato. Place fried spot on top of tomatoes and cover with cooked onions, salsa and other half of the loaf.
8. Serve with your choice of beverage.