- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Cornmeal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Shortening||3 Tablespoon, melted|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1391 Calories from Fat 667
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 75 g115.9%
Saturated Fat 23.6 g117.9%
Trans Fat 5.9 g
Cholesterol 468.2 mg
Sodium 3285.4 mg136.9%
Total Carbohydrates 148 g49.2%
Dietary Fiber 11.7 g46.7%
Sugars 25.6 g
Protein 40 g80.3%
Vitamin A 19.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 57.6% Iron 41.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 375°.
2) Take a medium saucepan and mix cornmeal and salt in it.
3) Add water to this and stir well.
4) Pour in milk slowly, stirring until smooth.
5) Cook the mixture over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
6) Mix together a small amount of hot mixture with the eggs.
7) Add this egg mixture to the left over hot mixture, stirring constantly.
8) Continue by adding in the shortening.
9) Take a well-greased 1 1/2-quart baking dish and pour the mixture into it and bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes.
10) If wished, garnish with parsley and serve.