- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spooky Bones Meringue Cookies Recipe
|Egg whites||3 Large|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|White sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
Calories 14 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0 g0%
Saturated Fat 0 g0%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 22.6 mg0.9%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.8%
Dietary Fiber 0 g0%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 1 g2.4%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 0.09% Iron 0.02%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200F.
2. Line cookie sheet with brown paper bag or parchment.
3.In a medium sized bowl at high speed, beat egg whites, cream of tartar and salt till fluffy.
4. Gradually beat in sugar. Add vanilla.
5. Put the mixture in pastry bag fitted with a medium plain piping tip.
6. Pipe 3" bone shapes onto parchment or brown paper bag.
7. Bake for 1 hour until it set well.
8. Switch off the oven, dry in oven 1 hour.
9. Server right away, or be sure to store in airtight containers or they will become soggy.
This would yield 4 to 5 dozen small finger-sized bones.
Image courtesy: sheekshindigs.blogspot.com