- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sponge Cake for Roll Recipe
|Cake flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 132 Calories from Fat 20
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.4%
Saturated Fat 0.62 g3.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 84.6 mg
Sodium 116.1 mg4.8%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.7%
Sugars 15.2 g
Protein 4 g8.1%
Vitamin A 1.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 5.5% Iron 2.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, sift cake flour, baking powder and sugar together.
2. In a separate bowl, mix eggs, salt, cream of tartar and vanilla.
3. Use an electric mixer to beat the egg mixture at high speed, until mixture stands in peaks.
4. Further, add 2 tablespoons sugar at a time.
5. Continue beating the mixture at high speed until it again stands in peaks.
6. Carefully fold all the dry ingredients into the egg mixture.
7. Use waxed paper to line a greased jelly roll pan such that the paper extends above sides.
8. Pour the batter evenly in the pan.
9. Bake in the oven at 375°F for 13 minutes.
10. Cool on rack for about 1 minute.
11. Loosen sides of the cake with a knife and turn out onto towel sprinkled with confectioners sugar.
12. Use the knife to trim edges.
13. Then, peel off the waxed paper.
14. Fold towel over long side of cake and roll cake in towel to set the roll while cake is warm.
15. Cool, unroll and spread the chocolate.
16. Roll up cake back and chill 2-3 hours.
17. Slice into 10 servings and serve immediately.