- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Homemade Sponge Cake Recipe
|Eggs||6 , separated|
|Skim milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cold|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Lemon extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cake flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sifted|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2496 Calories from Fat 309
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.1%
Saturated Fat 9.4 g47.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1271.2 mg423.7%
Sodium 966.3 mg40.3%
Total Carbohydrates 488 g162.7%
Dietary Fiber 23.2 g92.9%
Sugars 308.3 g
Protein 73 g145.3%
Vitamin A 29.4% Vitamin C 1.9%
Calcium 46% Iron 31.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Beat egg yolks until thick and light.
3. Add milk gradually, beating until thick. Beat in sugar gradually. Add vanilla and lemon extract.
4. Sift flour with salt. Fold into egg yolk mixture in 4 different portions.
5. Beat egg whites until foamy. Add cream of tartar and beat until stiff. Fold into egg yolk mixture.
6. Bake in ungreased 10-inch tube pan for 1 hour or until top springs back when touched lightly.