- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Split Peas Soup Recipe Video
|Ham steak||1 , cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Chicken broth||4 Can (40 oz)|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Split peas||1 Pound (Or 2.5 Cups)|
|Carrots||7 , cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Potatoes||8 , cut into 1 inch pieces|
Calories 479 Calories from Fat 12
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2.1%
Saturated Fat 0.38 g1.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.7 mg
Sodium 632 mg26.3%
Total Carbohydrates 105 g34.9%
Dietary Fiber 27.8 g111.4%
Sugars 13.8 g
Protein 32 g64%
Vitamin A 238.3% Vitamin C 97.6%
Calcium 6.8% Iron 26.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In large pot over high heat add ham and cook until some of the fat has been rendered.
2. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
3. Add chicken stock, water, peas, bay leaves and pepper; stir to combine.
4. Simmer, covered, for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, until the peas are very soft and become smooth in the broth when stirred.
5. Bring soup to a boil and add carrots and potatoes. Boil for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
6. Check seasonings adding more salt and pepper if necessary.
7. Serve hot with crusty bread.