- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Split Pea Soup Recipe
|Dried green split peas||1 Pound, rinsed|
|Celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Carrot||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Salt pork||1⁄4 Pound, diced|
|Dried thyme leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Hot water||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
Calories 350 Calories from Fat 138
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.5%
Saturated Fat 5.6 g27.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.3 mg
Sodium 471.2 mg19.6%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.2%
Dietary Fiber 20.3 g81.2%
Sugars 8 g
Protein 21 g41.7%
Vitamin A 34.6% Vitamin C 4%
Calcium 2.5% Iron 14.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large microwaveable casserole dish, combine att the ingredients and give a good stir.
2. Pour in about 6 cups of hot water.
3. Cover with a lid or with plastic wrap and place dish in the microwave.
4. Microwave at HIGH for about 45 minutes, stirring occassionally, until peas are soft.
5. Add more water if required while cooking.
6. Ladle the hot soup into soup bowls and enjoy piping hot with crusty bread