- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Split Pea And Salt Pork Soup Recipe
|Dried green split peas||1 Pound, rinsed|
|Thinly sliced celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Carrot||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Salted pork||1⁄4 Pound, scored|
|Dried thyme leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Hot water||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
Calories 350 Calories from Fat 138
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.5%
Saturated Fat 5.6 g27.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.3 mg
Sodium 632.9 mg26.4%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.2%
Dietary Fiber 20.3 g81.2%
Sugars 8 g
Protein 21 g41.7%
Vitamin A 34.6% Vitamin C 4%
Calcium 2.5% Iron 14.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large microwavable bowl or casserole, combine all the ingredients.
2. Give a good stir.
3. Cover bowl or casserole with plastic wrap or a lid.
4. Microwave soup at HIGH for 40 to 45 minutes, stirring after every 15 minutes until peas are tender.
5. Add more hot water if you want a thinner soup.
6. Ladle hot soup into a tureen or into individual soup bowls.
7. Serve piping hot with crust bread if you like.