- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Split Chicken Breasts with Baby Broccoli | Paleo Recipe Video
|For the chicken breast|
|Lemon||1 , slice|
|Shallots||1 , slice|
|Chicken breast||2 Pound (split breasts, bone in and skin on)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), mince|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|For the baby broccoli|
|Baby broccoli||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 203 Calories from Fat 39
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.8%
Saturated Fat 0.85 g4.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 87.7 mg
Sodium 152.9 mg6.4%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g1.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.9 g3.6%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 35 g71%
Vitamin A 1.7% Vitamin C 17.3%
Calcium 2.9% Iron 7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Needgrill
pyrex baking dish
1. Preheat oven at 400 degree and preheat grill to high heat.
2. Slice shallots and lemon, chop the garlic, and keep it aside.
3. Rinse chicken under cold water and set aside. Pat dry with a paper towel.
4. Make a cavity between the chicken skin and flesh.
5. Stuff the garlic, lemon, and shallot under the skin, and stretch the skin carefully and cover the stuffing. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
6. Place chicken breasts on grill, bone side down and cook for 10-15 minutes, depending on the size of the breasts.
7. Carefully flip the chicken, grill for 5-7 minutes on 'breast' side.
8. Rinse and clean the baby broccoli and pat them dry or leave it on the cutting board to drain the excess water.
9. Trim and discard the ends, and then place the broccoli in a pyrex baking dish.
10. Drizzle olive oil and season the baby broccoli with salt and pepper.
11. Roast for 30 minutes or until the tops are crispy and the stems are soft.
12. Serve the split chicken breasts with baby broccoli hot.