- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spirited Marble Cake Recipe
|Cake flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 Small, separated|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned chocolate syrup||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Coffee liqueur||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6532 Calories from Fat 1926
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 218 g334.8%
Saturated Fat 126.4 g631.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1149.3 mg
Sodium 2840.9 mg118.4%
Total Carbohydrates 1038 g346.1%
Dietary Fiber 55.4 g221.6%
Sugars 614.9 g
Protein 98 g196.8%
Vitamin A 131.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 237.9% Iron 34.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Sift flour, baking powder and salt onto wax paper.
3. Beat butter or margarine until soft in large bowl of electric mixer at high speed. Beat in sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg yolks, one at a time; stir in vanilla. Beat the egg whites until stiff; then fold into batter.
4. Stir in flour mixture, alternately with milk, just until blended.
5. Pour half the batter into a second bowl; stir chocolate syrup and coffee liqueur into one half. Spoon both batters into prepared pan, alternating layers of white and dark. Draw a knife or spatula through batter several times to marbleize.
6. Bake in moderate oven (350°) 1 hour, or until center springs back when lightly pressed with fingertip. Cool 10 minutes in pan on wire rack; loosen around edge with a knife; turn out onto wire rack; cool completly.
7. Frost top and side with MOCHA butter cream.