- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spirited Away Totoro Black Soot Cookies Recipe Video
|White wheat flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), sifted|
|Cocoa powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs), melted|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Soy milk||1 Teaspoon|
|Frosting||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (black and white homemade frosting) (Optional)|
|Sprinklers||1 Cup (16 tbs) (black colour)|
Calories 302 Calories from Fat 97
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g16%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 7.6 mg2.5%
Sodium 61.7 mg2.6%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.77 g3.1%
Sugars 39.4 g
Protein 0.96 g1.9%
Vitamin A 1.8% Vitamin C
Calcium 0.5% Iron 3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients of white wheat flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda and mix well.
3. Add together melted butter, vanilla extract, soy milk and mix until well combined into a cookie dough.
4. On a floured board, place the dough and roll it out into a flat base.
5. Using a 1 1/2 inch cookie cutter, cut out shapes of the cookies from the dough and place them neatly on the parchment lined cookie sheet about 1 inch apart.
6. Bake the cookies for 10 minutes at 350 degrees F.
7. Once done, remove the cookie sheet and let the cookies cool for a few minutes before applying any frosting.
8. For the soot cookie, apply a homemade black frosting, sprinkle some black color sprinklers on top of the cookies, let this dry for 20 minutes.
9. Using a white color frosting pipe, make the eyes on the soot cookies, let this sit for 10 minutes before drawing the pupil using a toothpick dipped in the black color frosting.
10. Serve these spirited away soot cookies with warm milk or tea.