- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spinach with Sour Cream Recipe
|Fresh spinach/20 ounce frozen chopped spinach||2 Pound|
|Dairy sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 109 Calories from Fat 71
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.5%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 19.9 mg
Sodium 473.1 mg19.7%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.3%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 5 g10.2%
Vitamin A 287.9% Vitamin C 71.4%
Calcium 19.2% Iron 23.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Wash spinach; remove and discard large stems.
2) In a large saucepan, place the spinach with just the water clinging to leaves.
3) Cover the pan and cook spinach, tossing with a fork once or twice, 5 minutes, or until just tender.
4) Drain very well.
5) Chop the leaves coarsely.
6) If using frozen spinach, cook as label directs; drain very well.
7) Return spinach to saucepan.
8) Add salt and sour cream; toss to mix well.
(If using frozen spinach, omit 1 teaspoon salt, but add salt to taste.)
9) Heat, over low heat, until heated through.
10) Serve the cream spinach hot as side dish.