- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spinach And Chickpea Stew Recipe Video
|Fresh spinach/2 bags (14 oz) frozen spinach||3⁄4 Kilogram|
|Onion||1 , diced|
|Chickpeas||1 Can (10 oz) (Whole Ones)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Egyptian rice/Any rice of your choice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Vermicelli noodles||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 1756 Calories from Fat 433
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g76.1%
Saturated Fat 6.4 g31.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 536 mg22.3%
Total Carbohydrates 277 g92.3%
Dietary Fiber 37.9 g151.4%
Sugars 21.2 g
Protein 56 g112.6%
Vitamin A 705.1% Vitamin C 193.7%
Calcium 58.9% Iron 118.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
To make the spinach stew:
1. Sauté the diced onion until translucent
2. Add a can of Chick Peas with the liquid inside (Garbanzo beans)
3. Add the spinach, salt and black pepper-stir in the hot pot for few minutes
4. Add water about four cups
5. Let it boil on high heat then lower the heat and let simmer for half an hour.
To make the rice with vermicelli noodles:
6. Add the vermicelli noodles to hot oil.
7. Toast until golden brown- it changes color very quickly so do not over toast it or burn it.
8. Add the already washed, soaked and drained rice.
9. Mix the noodles and the rice very well. Add salt.
10. Add boiled water, about 1/3 of an inch above rice.
11. Let boil, then lower the heat and cover.
12. Simmer without stirring for about 15-20 minutes or until fluffy and done.
13. To make the meal healthier, use cooking spray instead of cooking oil.
14. Serve the prepared rice with vermicelli noodles with the spinach stew.