- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spinach Rice Recipe
|Chopped spinach||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Thinly sliced onions||1 Medium|
|Slit green chilies||2|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Jeera powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon, cumin powder|
|Sambar powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chilly powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Mustard seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 235 Calories from Fat 77
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.4%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 91.2 mg3.8%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.9%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 5 g9.8%
Vitamin A 80.3% Vitamin C 48.4%
Calcium 8.2% Iron 16.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Heat oil/butter in a wok and splutter mustard seeds.
3. Add onions, green chillies, garlic and saute till the onions begin to brown.
4. Add the cleaned and chopped spinach along with some salt and saute till the spinach becomes tender and all the water has evaporated. You can cover and cook the spinach on low flame.
5. Next, add 1/4 tsp tuermeric powder, 1/2 tsp cumin powder, 1 tsp Sambar Powder, 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder and 1/2 tsp Chilly Powder and saute for 2 minutes. Add more salt if required.
6. Stir in rice to the above spinach mixture stirring carefully.
7. Serve along with Raitha and Pappad.
Visit my website http://malayali.me for more such recipes!