- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spinach Madeline and Steamed Baby Carrots Recipe Video
|Red onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced|
|Jalapeno||1 Tablespoon, seeded, chopped|
|Kosher salt/Sea salt||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Celery seed||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cayanne pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Frozen spinach||1 Pound, chopped|
|Mozzarella cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Gruyere cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Steamed baby carrot|
|Baby carrot||300 Gram, skinned|
|Coarse salt||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
Calories 605 Calories from Fat 403
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g70.6%
Saturated Fat 27.3 g136.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 140.1 mg
Sodium 3248.3 mg135.3%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g9.9%
Dietary Fiber 7.2 g28.8%
Sugars 8.2 g
Protein 22 g44.6%
Vitamin A 507.3% Vitamin C 21.6%
Calcium 67.2% Iron 26.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place the spinach leaves in a colander inside a bowl to defrost.
2. In a skillet, heat butter, add onion, saute for 3 to 5 minutes, until nicely wilted.
3. Add flour and whisk to remove the lumps, add cream and chicken stock.
4. When the mixture turns slightly thick, add Worcestershire sauce, cook for 2 minutes, whisking constantly.
5. Add mozzarella cheese, gruyere cheese, salt, garlic powder, celery seeds, jalapeno, cayenne pepper, and black pepper, cook for few minutes, stirring constantly.
6. Add spinach and combine well. Tansfer to a baking dish.
7. Add bread crumbs with butter melted on top. Broil for 10 minutes, until nicely browned on top.
8. In a steamer, place carrots, add salt, steam for about 10 to 12 minutes to get the desired level of tenderness. Transfer to a serving bowl.
9. Serve with roasted chicken