- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spinach Fritters or Modified Gotas As Appetizers Recipe Video
|Spinach||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fenugreek leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cornmeal||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Lentil flour||250 Gram|
Calories 383 Calories from Fat 282
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.3%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 60.2 mg2.5%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g13.9%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 6 g12.8%
Vitamin A 6.4% Vitamin C 2.3%
Calcium 2.2% Iron 8.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a food processor, grind spinach and fenugreek leaves together.
2. In a mixing bowl, put the spinach mixture. Add cornmeal, red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, salt and spices.
3. Mix well and add lentil flour. Pour 1 teaspoon of oil and mix to slightly stiff dough.
4. Leave aside for 10 to 15 minutes. Gently stir the mixture before use.
5. In a pan, heat oil over medium heat.
6. Ladle 1 tablespoonful of batter into the pan. Fry until crispy and golden brown.
7. Remove the fritters from the pan and drain excess oil.
8. Serve the Spinach Fritters with curd or tamarind chutney.