- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spinach Egg Scramble Recipe Video
|Spinach||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Gruyere cheese||1 Tablespoon, grated (Optional)|
|Gruyere cheese||1 Tablespoon|
|Kosher salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped chives||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 533 Calories from Fat 327
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.2%
Saturated Fat 10.9 g54.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 458.1 mg
Sodium 819.6 mg34.2%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.8%
Sugars 11.8 g
Protein 25 g49.1%
Vitamin A 136.5% Vitamin C 31.3%
Calcium 48.8% Iron 21.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a blender, break the eggs and add in cream, kosher salt and black pepper.
2. Blend the mixture on high speed until the mixture is frothy.
3. In a non-stick skillet over medium high heat, stream in some extra virgin olive oil and allow to heat.
4. Put in the spinach, and saute until it starts to wilt slightly.
5. Pour the egg mixture in to the spinach and scrape down the sides of the pan.
6. Grate the cheese on top.
7. Using a spatula, stir the egg mixture and toss lightly, until the egg gets scrambled but still moist.
8. Serve in a plate and garnish with fresh chives.