- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Frozen chopped spinach||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thawed and well drained|
|Feta cheese||3 Ounce, crumbled|
|White bread slice||1 Ounce, made into crumbs (1 Slice)|
|Frozen egg substitute||1 Tablespoon, thawed|
|Oregano leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 72 Calories from Fat 42
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.3%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g12.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 12.7 mg
Sodium 188.5 mg7.9%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.41 g1.6%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 3 g6.9%
Vitamin A 7.5% Vitamin C 3%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Pre-heat the oven by setting it to 375°F.
2) Take the mushrooms and chop off the stems retaining the caps.
3) Take a nonstick skillet of size 9-inches and melt the margarine in it.
4) Add garlic and soften it over medium to high heat by cooking for 1 minute.
5) Add the spinach and mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes until the moisture evaporates completely, stirring often.
6) Take a medium sized mixing bowl and combine the bread crumbs, cheese, oregano and egg substitute along with the pepper.
7) Take a casserole of 1-quart capacity and arrange the mushroom caps in it after stuffing each with the spinach mixture.
8) Place in the pre-heated oven after adding 2 tablespoons of water to the casserole.
9) Bake for 20 minutes until the mushrooms become light brown and can be pierced easily with a fork.
10) Serve as required.