- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spinach and Mushroom Souffle Recipe
|Spinach||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), cooked, and drained dry|
|Eggs||5 , beaten|
|Sliced mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 290 Calories from Fat 179
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.9%
Saturated Fat 10.2 g51.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 304.1 mg
Sodium 320.4 mg13.3%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.44 g1.8%
Sugars 13 g
Protein 16 g32.2%
Vitamin A 51.8% Vitamin C 9.3%
Calcium 32.2% Iron 9.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 300° F
2. Butter a soufflé dish or individual soufflé cups.
3. Lightly mash the spinach thorough a colander into a mixing bowl
4. Blend in the seasoning.
5. In a saucepan, heat milk to scalding point.
6. Beat the eggs with a wire whisk until frothy.
7. Blend the eggs into the warm milk.
8. Pour into the seasoned spinach puree and blend well.
9. Turn mixture into the buttered dish/dishes.
10. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes till fluffy and golden.
11. In the meantime, sauté the mushrooms in butter until tender.
12. Top the soufflé with mushroom and serve immediately.