- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spinach Salad With Walnuts And Gorgonzola Recipe
|Fresh spinach||8 Ounce|
|Bacon slices||10 , cooked crisp and crumbled|
|Crumbled gorgonzola cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Coarsely chopped walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), toasted|
|Salad oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White wine vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Snipped basil/1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
Calories 332 Calories from Fat 296
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g51.4%
Saturated Fat 6.2 g31.2%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 19.3 mg
Sodium 390.5 mg16.3%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.6%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 7 g14%
Vitamin A 77.1% Vitamin C 19.5%
Calcium 14.2% Iron 8.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Prepare the spinach by removing the stems and tearing leaves into bite-size pieces.
2) In a small bowl, combine cooking oil, olive oil, vinegar, mayonnaise, basil, garlic, sugar, salt, and pepper to whisk together.
3) In a salad bowl, place the spinach and add bacon, Gorgonzola, and walnuts.
4) Pour in dressing on top of the salad and toss well.
5) Serve the salad by seasoning with freshly ground black pepper on top.