- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spinach Salad With Fruit And Beef Recipe
|Beef top round steak||1 Pound|
|White wine vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Sesame seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Chili powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Chilli powder||2 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Spinach leaves||1 Bunch (100 gm), rinsed, roughly torn|
|Oranges||2 Medium, peeled, sectioned|
|Strawberries||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced|
Calories 501 Calories from Fat 207
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g36.1%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 244.1 mg10.2%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.6%
Dietary Fiber 7.5 g30.2%
Sugars 21 g
Protein 39 g77.1%
Vitamin A 81.2% Vitamin C 180%
Calcium 19.9% Iron 23.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Discard any extra fat from the steak.
2) Broil the steak, keeping it 6-inches fron the source of heat. Cook for about 6 to 7 minutes on each side for rare cooked and longer for medium rare.
3) Make diagonal slices across the steak to get thin slices. Set aside the slices in a warm baking dish.
4) In a blender, add vinegar, worcestershire sauce, onion, sesame seeds, sugar, garlic, chili powder and white pepper and blend to combine.
5) While the blender is processing, turn down to LOW and slowly pour in oil.
6) Pour half the quantity of the blended sauce over the steak slices. Cover the baking dish and place in the refrigerator for a minimum of three hours and a maximum of 24 hours.
7) Chill the other half of the sauce.
8) On a serving plate, arrange the spinach leaves.
9) Place the steak, sectioned oranges and sliced strawberries over it.
10) Drizzle the remaining chilled sauce all over the salad.