- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spinach Salad With Croutons Recipe
|Olive oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon (Or As Required)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Lemon, rind||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Lemon rind||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Black pepper||To Taste (105° To 115°F)|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Croutons||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Or As Required)|
Calories 261 Calories from Fat 207
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g36.1%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 239.9 mg10%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.6%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 4 g8.7%
Vitamin A 212.7% Vitamin C 60.1%
Calcium 12.6% Iron 20.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Thoroughly wash the spinach and discard the thick stalks. Pat dry the spinach with paper towels.
2) In a large saucepan, add olive oil to heat up.
3) Add 2 tablespoons lemon juice to the olive oil.
4) Add garlic and grated rind of 1 lemon.
5) Place the spinach into the saucepan and toss all together over medium heat, until hot and evenly coated.
6) Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
7) In a warmed serving dish, arrange the leaves. Spread croutons on top and sprinkle a little coarsely grated lemon rind, to garnish.