- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spinach Ramekins Recipe
|Dried tarragon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped parsley||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Hard-cooked eggs||1 (For Garnish)|
|Anchovy fillets||4 (For Garnish)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1054 Calories from Fat 516
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g83%
Saturated Fat 18.6 g93%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 765.8 mg
Sodium 2719.9 mg113.3%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.4%
Dietary Fiber 13.5 g54%
Sugars 8.6 g
Protein 116 g232.3%
Vitamin A 915.6% Vitamin C 281.9%
Calcium 157.6% Iron 113.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Off the stalks, pull the spinach. Wash the in various changes of cold water in order to properly remove all traces of sand.
2) Peel the onion and chop it finely.
3) In a large saucepan, put the wet spinach along with the onion, tarragon and parsley. Cover the pan with a lid and cook gently over low heat for about 10 minutes or till the vegetables have softened. Drain properly.
4) Chop the boned sardines as well as one hard-boiled egg and blend in with the spinach.
5) Through a coarse sieve, rub the mixture. Alternatively, it can also be put in a blender and reduced to a puree.
6) Stir in the cream and use salt and freshly ground pepper to season to taste.
7) Into individual ramekins or small serving dishes, spoon the creamed spinach. Chill in the fridge till the spinach has set.
8) To make the garnish in the meantime, separate the white and yolk of the hard-cooked egg. Finely chop the white and sieve the yolk.
9) Garnish each ramekin with alternate rows of egg yolk and white.
10) Divide the anchovy fillets in half, lengthwise. Put them on top in a crisscross arrangement.
11) Serve immediately.