- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spinach Quiche Recipe
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sifted|
|Vegetable shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ice water||3 Tablespoon|
|Frozen chopped spinach||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Green onion with tops||4 , sliced|
|Evaporated skim milk||13 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 Can)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2548 Calories from Fat 1267
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 143 g220.5%
Saturated Fat 43.1 g215.4%
Trans Fat 13.5 g
Cholesterol 978.8 mg
Sodium 2963.3 mg123.5%
Total Carbohydrates 212 g70.8%
Dietary Fiber 13 g52.1%
Sugars 56.8 g
Protein 104 g207.2%
Vitamin A 621% Vitamin C 169.3%
Calcium 217.9% Iron 120.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Preheat oven to 400° F. Remove dough from refrigerator. Let stand 5 minutes before rolling. Roll dough into a circle on lightly floured board or between sheets of wax paper. Fit dough into 9-inch pie pan; flute rim. Prick crust with fork tines about 8 times. Bake 10 minutes or until shell is lightly browned. Remove from oven and let cool.
3. Cook spinach until tender. Drain very thoroughly.
4. Beat eggs. Add spinach and remaining ingredients except cheese.
5. Sprinkle half of Parmesan cheese on pie shell. Pour filling in crust. Sprinkle top of pie with remaining cheese.
6. Bake in 400° F oven 30 to 35 minutes or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven. Let stand 10 minutes