- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spinach Quiche Recipe
|Shortcrust pastry||6 Ounce (Made With 6 Ounce Flour Etc.)|
|Frozen chopped spinach||3⁄4 Pound|
|Cottage cheese||8 Ounce|
|Eggs||3 , beaten|
|Parmesan cheese||1 1⁄2 Ounce, grated|
|Double cream||4 Tablespoon|
|Freshly grated nutmeg||To Taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1102 Calories from Fat 664
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 74 g114.3%
Saturated Fat 18.7 g93.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 686 mg
Sodium 2296.6 mg95.7%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13%
Dietary Fiber 8 g31.8%
Sugars 11.9 g
Protein 74 g147.1%
Vitamin A 659.4% Vitamin C 159.7%
Calcium 113.2% Iron 72.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry to line an 8 inch ring flan. Place the lined flan on a baking sheet.
3) Blind bake the pastry in the preheated oven (400°F) for about 20 minutes, until tanned.
4) In the meantime, blanch the spinach in salted boiling water and drain.
5) Take a large mixing bowl and combine spinach, cottage cheese, beaten eggs, grated Parmesan, cream, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
6) Spread the spinach mixture over the blind baked pastry shell and lower the oven temperature to 375°F. Bake for about 35 minutes until the filling is tanned.
7) Place the quiche on wire rack to cool slightly and serve.