- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spinach & Mushroom Lasagna Recipe Video
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Mushrooms||2 Cup (32 tbs) (cremini)|
|Dried oregano||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For bechamel sauce|
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs), warm|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|White pepper||To Taste|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon (freshly ground)|
|Parmigiano reggiano cheese||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), grated and divided (1 cup for filling and .25 cup for sauce)|
|Riccota cheese||3 Cup (48 tbs) (whole milk)|
|Spinach||10 Ounce, chopped|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Mozzarella cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), shredded (.5 cup for topping)|
|Lasagna noodles||250 Gram (1 box)|
Calories 585 Calories from Fat 297
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g51.8%
Saturated Fat 20.7 g103.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 159.4 mg53.1%
Sodium 521.5 mg21.7%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.4%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 33 g66.2%
Vitamin A 88.4% Vitamin C 21.4%
Calcium 67.5% Iron 17.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven 350 degrees F.
2. In a pan, sauté onion, garlic and mushrooms with salt and pepper.
3. Add in oregano and cook until the mushroom shrink down.
4. Remove the mushroom mixture from pan and set aside.
5. In the same pan, melt butter and whisk in flour.
6. Whisk continuously for 2 minutes and slowly pour in warmed milk and whisk vigorously.
7. Sprinkle in kosher salt, white pepper and nutmeg as the sauce starts to thicken stir in cheese. Set aside.
8. In a separate bowl, toss in all the ingredients for the filling, mix well and set aside.
9. In a casserole dish, ladle in little sauce in the bottom, layer with pasta, smear with filling, top with mushroom mixture, drizzle on more sauce, top with mozzarella and repeat the layering.
10. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 35 minutes, after first 20 minutes, remove the foil and bake uncovered for rest of the time.
11. Take out from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
12. Serve hot.