- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spinach Manicotti in Marinara Recipe Video
|Eggs||5 (3 for the Crepes and remaining for the filling)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Gluten free bisquick||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (1/4 tsp. for the Crepes and remaining for the filling)|
|Frozen spinach||10 Ounce, defrosted and squeezed (to remove the excess water)|
|Pecorino romano cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely grated|
|Ground pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Marinara sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mozzarella||1 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
Calories 295 Calories from Fat 122
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g20.8%
Saturated Fat 7.1 g35.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 151.9 mg50.6%
Sodium 763.7 mg31.8%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.4%
Sugars 6.3 g
Protein 14 g28.6%
Vitamin A 83.8% Vitamin C 4.2%
Calcium 33.4% Iron 9.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F.
2. For the crepe batter – In a medium bowl whisk the eggs, add in the milk, GF Bisquick and salt. Whisk until the crepe batter is thoroughly combined.
3. Set the batter aside.
4. In a medium bowl, add the ricotta, spinach, egg, pecorino Romano, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir all of the ingredients together.
5. Keep the filling aside.
6. Heat a non-stick skillet, spray cooking spray.
7. Pour the batter in ¼ cup measure into the pan. Quickly swirl the pan to coat the bottom. Continue swirling the batter towards the edges of the pan until there is no longer any movement.
8. Allow the crepe to cook until the top looks dry and the edges slightly start to pull away from the sides of the pan. Use a spatula to flip the crepe. Cook it on the second side for about 30 seconds.
9. Take a 9x13 glass serving dish. Spoon ½ cup of the marinara sauce onto the bottom of the dish.
10. Stuff the crepes with the filling. Place over the sauce top it with mozzarella cheese.
11. Cover with foil and bake it at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
12. When done take out from the oven and let it cool for 15 minutes.
13. Serve Spinach Manicotti with tossed salad and enjoy!