- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spinach In A Mould Recipe
|Lemon jello||3 Ounce (1 Packet)|
|Water||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Fat free mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Prepared horseradish||1 Teaspoon|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Onion||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Frozen spinach||1 Cup (16 tbs), drained|
|Cottage cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Calories 87 Calories from Fat 12
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2%
Saturated Fat 0.45 g2.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 4.2 mg
Sodium 568.3 mg23.7%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g3.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.9%
Sugars 7.2 g
Protein 7 g13.8%
Vitamin A 94.8% Vitamin C 6.1%
Calcium 10.3% Iron 4.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In 3/4 cups of boiling water, dissolve 1 packet of lemon jello. Transfer into a mixing bowl.
2) Stir in 1 cup cold water, vinegar, mayonnaise, horseradish and salt.
3) Place the bowl in the freezer until the edges start to firm up.
4) Take the bowl out from the freezer and whip up the mixture until fluffly, using an electric beater.
5) Mix in celery, onion, spinach and cottage cheese.
6) Transfer the contents to a 1-quart mold and store in the refrigerator until completely set.
7) Garnish Spinach In a Mold with slices of radish.
8) During Holiday season you may garnish it with stuffed olives and poinsettia-shaped leaves carved out from pimiento strips.