- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spinach Frittata Recipe
|Frozen chopped spinach package||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finley chopped|
|Seasoned salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
Calories 305 Calories from Fat 202
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35%
Saturated Fat 11 g55%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 455.6 mg
Sodium 595.9 mg24.8%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.2%
Sugars 2.5 g
Protein 21 g42.1%
Vitamin A 149.3% Vitamin C 36.4%
Calcium 27.8% Iron 23.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Blanch the spinach, following package instructions.
2. Drain well squeezing out as mush water as possible and pat dry between layers of paper toweling
3. In an oven proof frying pan with, melt the butter over medium heat
4. Sauté the mushrooms and onion until tender.
5. Take off the heat and let cool slightly
6. In the mean time, in a large bowl, break eggs and season with salt and pepper. Beat until well blended and frothy.
7. Stir in drained spinach.
8. Pour egg mixture over mushrooms and onions.
9. Return pan to low heat and cook for about 7 minutes until omelet is lightly browned at the bottom and almost set on the top.
10. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese on top.
11. Transfer the skillet under a broiler, 6 inches from heat and cook for 3 minutes until top is golden and fluffy.
12. Remove from broiler, loosen around the edges with a spatula and carefully slide onto a platter.
13. Cut in wedges.
14. Serve immediately.