- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spinach Feta Strudel Recipe
|Strudel leaves||20 Ounce (Two 10 Ounce Packages)|
|Fresh spinach||2 Pound|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped onions||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||5 Small, beaten|
|Chopped scallions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), green part and all|
|Feta cheese||1⁄2 Pound, chopped|
|Fresh dill/1 tablespoon dried dill||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), melted|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5575 Calories from Fat 3544
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 401 g617.2%
Saturated Fat 220.1 g1100.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1731.2 mg
Sodium 6553.9 mg273.1%
Total Carbohydrates 416 g138.7%
Dietary Fiber 36.6 g146.5%
Sugars 35.4 g
Protein 134 g267.4%
Vitamin A 1949.9% Vitamin C 504.2%
Calcium 253.8% Iron 270.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Wash the spinach in several changes of water. Dry it and cut into two-inch lengths. Cook it in oil until wilted. Drain. Brown the onions in the salt butter.
3. Mix the onions, eggs, scallions, cheese, dill and parsley. Add the spinach and season with salt and pepper.
4. Preheat oven to moderate (350° F.).
5. Butter a square 8x8x2-inch pan. Cut two strudel leaves into six squares each by cutting into thirds lengthwise and in half across (keep the remaining strudel leaves covered to prevent drying).
6. Place one of the squares in the prepared pan and brush with butter. Repeat with the remaining eleven strudel squares, placing each on top of the last. Spread with half the spinach-cheese filling and cover with twelve more squares, brushing each with butter. Repeat the process with the remaining ingredients for a second pan.
7. With a sharp knife, cut through the top to mark it into two-inch squares. Bake one hour, or until brown and very puffy. Cut into squares