- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spinach Dressed With Oil And Vinegar Recipe
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Frozen spinach||20 Ounce (2 Packages)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Cider vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 659 Calories from Fat 505
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 57 g88.1%
Saturated Fat 7.7 g38.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1398.4 mg58.3%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.7%
Dietary Fiber 16.6 g66.3%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 21 g41.8%
Vitamin A 1329.6% Vitamin C 54.6%
Calcium 74.5% Iron 62.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a heavy bottomed saucepan, heat the olive oil
2. Add the garlic and sauté lightly for half a minute.
3. Add the spinach and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally and breaking up the frozen chunks until spinach is hot.
4. Take pan off the heat and turn the spinach into a serving bowl.
5. Add vinegar, salt and pepper and toss well
6. Serve spinach hot or at room temperature.
7. This simple spinach dish makes a good side dish but can also be used as a filling or to make warm salads.