- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spinach Cheese Swirls Recipe Video
|Puff pastry sheets||245 Gram, thawed (Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets)|
|Frozen spinach||10 Ounce, thawed|
|Muenster cheese/Monterey jack cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), shredded|
|Garlic powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Green onion||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Flour||2 Tablespoon (For dusting)|
Calories 150 Calories from Fat 88
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g17.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 28.8 mg
Sodium 226.6 mg9.4%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.1%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 6 g11.7%
Vitamin A 70.8% Vitamin C 4.9%
Calcium 11.6% Iron 4.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 400°F.
2. In a small bowl, make an egg wash for the pastry by beating an egg with water.
3. In a medium bowl mix the Muenster cheese together with the parmesan cheese, green onion, and garlic powder.
4. Lightly flour the kitchen counter and unfold one pastry sheet. Roll with the rolling pin.
5. Brush the pastry sheet with the egg mixture and top it with the cheese mixture, followed by a layer of the spinach.
6. Starting with a short side, roll the pastry up like a jelly roll. Cut the roll into 20 slices.
7. Place the slices, cut-side down, onto baking sheets and brush with the egg mixture.
8. Bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees F.
9. Remove the pastries from the baking sheets and let the swirls cool on wire racks for 10 minutes.
10. Serve Spinach Cheese Swirls with margarita.