- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spinach Cheese Calzones Recipe
|Refrigerated pizza crust||10 Ounce (1 Package, Pillsbury, All Ready)|
|Spinach||9 Ounce (Fresh / Frozen, 1 Package Green Giant)|
|Low fat ricotta cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Dried basil leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Oregano leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon, dried|
Calories 255 Calories from Fat 37
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.8%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 14.4 mg
Sodium 249.5 mg10.4%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.4%
Sugars 3.2 g
Protein 10 g20.9%
Vitamin A 89.1% Vitamin C 29.5%
Calcium 49.6% Iron 25%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 400° F.
2) Take a cookie sheet and sprinkle it with non-stick cooking spray.
3) Take a medium bowl and combine together all filling ingredients in it. Blend nicely.
4) Unroll the dough and cut in 6 equal squares.
5) Place about 1/4 cup filling on the center of each square. Fold diagonally over filling to form triangles. Seal the edges with forks.
6) Place prepared calzones on cookie sheet and bake for about 10-15 minutes or until the crust turns deep golden brown in color.
7) In the meanwhile, take a small saucepan and combine all sauce ingredients in it. Cook until ingredients are thoroughly heated.
8) serve immediately.