- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spinach Catalan Recipe
|Fresh tender spinach||8 Ounce|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon (Spanish Variety)|
|Pine nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Golden raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange||1 , zest finely grated|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 742 Calories from Fat 345
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g60.9%
Saturated Fat 3 g15.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 577.8 mg24.1%
Total Carbohydrates 97 g32.4%
Dietary Fiber 13.6 g54.5%
Sugars 65.5 g
Protein 15 g30.3%
Vitamin A 432.7% Vitamin C 230.7%
Calcium 34.7% Iron 55.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Separate spinach stems from the leaves.
2. Discard stem or reserve for use.
3. Rinse leaves with water and pat dry with paper towels.
4. In a large cast-iron skillet, heat oil over low heat.
5. Add the pine nuts.
6. Shake skillet to stir and cook nuts for about 3 minutes until golden.
7. Add spinach leaves, raisins, and orange zest to the nuts.
8. Increase the heat to medium-high.
9. Cook with constant stirring for 1-2 minutes until the spinach wilts.
10. Season with salt and pepper.
11. Serve immediately.