- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spinach And Watercress Soup Recipe
|Leek||1 , sliced|
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Spinach||4 Cup (64 tbs), finely shredded|
|Watercress||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
Calories 126 Calories from Fat 33
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.8%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 9 mg
Sodium 182.8 mg7.6%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.6%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 4 g7.8%
Vitamin A 79.6% Vitamin C 47.8%
Calcium 9% Iron 17.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In 12-cup (3 liter) casserole, combine butter, leek and onion and microwave at High for 3 to 5 minutes or until softened.
2. Stir in potato, thyme and 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) of the stock, cover with lid or vented plastic wrap and microwave at High for 5 to 7 minutes or until potato is tender, stirring twice.
3. Place in a blender or food processor and puree.
4. Return to the dish and whisk in remaining stock.
5. Add spinach and watercress, Cover and microwave at High for 8 to 12 minutes until spinach and watercress are tender and soup is heated through, stirring once and season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Garnish each serving with drizzle of sour cream or blend in cream, if desired and serve.