- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spinach and Smoked Salmon Egg Muffins Recipe
|White wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh eggs||4 (Freshest Ones You Can Get)|
|Spinach||10 Ounce (300 Gram)|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram, For Frying And Spreading)|
|Muffins||2 , split|
|Smoked salmon slices||4 (Long Pieces, Of Good Quality)|
|For the hollandaise sauce|
|Butter||5 Ounce, melted (140 Gram)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Tablespoon (Extracted From 1/2 Fruit)|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
Calories 558 Calories from Fat 396
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g69%
Saturated Fat 24.8 g123.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 408.3 mg
Sodium 701.6 mg29.2%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.6%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 23 g46.1%
Vitamin A 163.6% Vitamin C 34.9%
Calcium 18.3% Iron 25.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat the grill to high.
2. Melt about half the butter and let it sit.
3. In a shallow pan, heat water and the vinegar until they boil gently.
4. Poach the eggs in the boiling water for 2 minutes.
5. Using a slotted spoon, remove the eggs and cool them in cold water.
6. In a wok, add about a tablespoon of butter and melt it.
7. Add the spinach and fry till the leave wilt.
8. Drain the excess water and add salt to taste.
9. To make the hollandaise, put a pan of water on moderate heat.
10. Place a large bowl over the hot water and add the egg yolks and 2 tablespoons of hot water.
11. Whick the yolks in the water while keeping the bowl over the hot water.
12. Now add the melted butter (without adding the milky liquid at the bottom) and stir as you adduntil it has all been incorporated.
13. Next, add the lemon juice, cayenne pepper and salt to taste, and whisk the mixture thoroughly.
14. Remove from fire and keep aside.
15. Take a flat roasting tray and place the muffins, cut-side up.
16. In the heated grill toast the muffins until they are brown.
17. Butter the muffins and place them on the tray again.
18. Top each muffin with a slice of smoked salmon.
19 Place the spinach on each of the muffins, leaving a slight opening in the middle to place the eggs.
20. Place the eggs and spoon the sauce over each egg.
21. Place the tray back in the grill for a minute.
22. Serve immediately.