- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli Recipe
|Pasta dough||10 Ounce (300 Gram, Homemade Variety)|
|For the filling:|
|Spinach leaves||8 Ounce (250 Gram)|
|Fresh ricotta cheese||4 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Grated nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Butter||2 Ounce, melted (50 Gram)|
|Fresh sage leaves||4 , torn|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Ounce|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2250 Calories from Fat 1031
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 117 g179.9%
Saturated Fat 64.8 g323.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 466.1 mg
Sodium 3396.1 mg141.5%
Total Carbohydrates 232 g77.2%
Dietary Fiber 65.3 g261.4%
Sugars 16.3 g
Protein 90 g179.8%
Vitamin A 635.7% Vitamin C 179.3%
Calcium 379% Iron 288.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, place the rinsed spinach leaves, cover and cook over a gentle heat for 5 minutes. Drain the spinach well in a colander and coarsely chop the leaves
2) In a bowl, mix the ricotta and Parmesan cheese with the chopped spinach. Add the salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste along with the beaten egg, mix well until smooth.
3) On a lightly floured surface, thinly roll out the pasta and divide into 2 equal-sized pieces.
4) Place teaspoons of the spinach and ricotta mixture over the 1/2 pasta sheet about 2 inches apart.
5) Cover with the other 1/2 pasta sheet and gently press gently around each mound. Cut the pasta into squares with a pastry.
6) In the gently boiling water, cook the ravioli for 4-5 minutes until they begin to float, drain well.
7) Garnish with sage leaves and Parmesan cheese and serve immediately with the melted butter.