- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spinach and Potato Galette Recipe
|Large potatoes||2 Pound (900 Gram)|
|Spinach||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Low fat soft cheese||14 Ounce (400 Gram, 1 3/4 Cups)|
|Whole grain mustard||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Chopped fresh herbs||2 Ounce (50 Gram, 2 Cups, Such As Chives, Parsley, Chervil Or Sorrel)|
|Black pepper salt||To Taste|
|Mixed salad||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (To Serve)|
Calories 347 Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 105.7 mg
Sodium 227 mg9.5%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.7%
Dietary Fiber 7.7 g30.7%
Sugars 6.1 g
Protein 25 g50.3%
Vitamin A 228.4% Vitamin C 134.1%
Calcium 16% Iron 30.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Wash the spinach and place in a large pan with only the water that is clinging to the leaves. Cover and cook, stirring once, until the spinach has just wilted. Drain well in a sieve and squeeze out the excess moisture. Chop finely.
3. Beat the eggs with the soft cheese and mustard then stir in the chopped spinach and fresh herbs.
4. Place a layer of the sliced potatoes in the lined tin, arranging them in concentric circles. Top with a spoonful of the soft cheese mixture and spread out. Continue layering, seasoning with salt and pepper as you go, until all the potatoes and the soft cheese mixture are used up.
5. Cover the tin with a piece of foil and place in a roasting tin.
6. Fill the roasting tin with enough boiling water to come halfway up the sides, and cook in the oven for about 45-50 minutes. Serve hot or cold with a mixed salad.