- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spinach and Pancetta Quiche Recipe Video
|Frozen puff pastry sheet||1 , Defrosted|
|Cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic powder||To Taste|
|Pancetta||1⁄4 Pound, diced|
|Grated pamesan||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Medium, diced|
|Chopped fresh spinach||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||2 Tablespoon (For dusting)|
Calories 650 Calories from Fat 358
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61%
Saturated Fat 16.2 g81.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 259.4 mg
Sodium 1217.1 mg50.7%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.3%
Sugars 13.5 g
Protein 24 g47.5%
Vitamin A 19.6% Vitamin C 5.6%
Calcium 31.6% Iron 7.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat your oven to 375 F.
2. On a lightly floured surface, place the puff pastry, roll it out using a rolling pin until it is big enough cover the pie pan.
3. Set the puff pastry in pie pan and trim the excess dough from sides.
4. Line the pastry with piece of aluminium foil or parchment paper on top, place a small pot in the middle
5. Put the pastry in the oven for about 10-15 minutes, or until pale golden in colour.
6. After 10 minutes, remove the pastry and take the pan off and the foil, set aside.
7. In a saucepan over medium high heat, put the diced pancetta and allow to cook for about 5 minutes.
8. Remove and set aside to cool.
9. In a bowl whisk the eggs and cream until all mixed together.
10. Add in the, onion, chopped spinach, pancetta, both the cheeses, salt, pepper, and onion powder.
11. Pour in the egg mixture, in to the pastry crust return back into the oven for another 20-25 minutes, or until the center is firm.
12. Remove allow to cool for 10 minutes.
13. Cut in wedges and serve, as desired.