- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spiked Tea Recipe
|Orange pekoe tea||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (1 Heaping Tablespoon)|
|Boiling water||1 Quart|
|Lemons||6 Large, freshly squeezed|
|Cold water||1 Pint|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sherry||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
Calories 200 Calories from Fat 2
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.26 g0.39%
Saturated Fat 0.03 g0.17%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 391.2 mg16.3%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.5%
Sugars 33.4 g
Protein 1 g2%
Vitamin A 0.5% Vitamin C 107.8%
Calcium 6.2% Iron 3.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a pan with boiling water, steep the tea for 15 minutes.
2) In another pan, combine the lemon juice, lemon skins, cold water and cinnamon stick, gently simmer over a low heat, until the lemon skins are tender.
3) Strain the lemon mixture and stir in the sugar.
4) Strain the tea and combine with the lemon mixture.
5) Pour the tea mixture, immediately into two thermos jugs.
6) Just before serving, add about 1 1/2 cups sherry into each thermos.
7) Serve the Spiked Tea in mugs, straight from the thermos.