- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Geek Eats! Spicy Shark Recipe Video
|Thresher shark fillet||2|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Minced garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried red pepper flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Tomato||1 Large, chopped (or 2 small)|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped cilantro||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
Calories 319 Calories from Fat 191
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.9%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g11%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 58.1 mg
Sodium 301.9 mg12.6%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.5%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 25 g51%
Vitamin A 27.4% Vitamin C 30.6%
Calcium 2% Iron 2.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a microwave-proof dish put together olive oil, chopped garlic and red pepper flakes and cover the dish.
2. Heat it in the microwave for 1 minute.
3. Using a sharp knife, finely chop a tomato and cilantro if using, and add it to the olive oil mixture.
4. Cover the dish and return to the microwave for 2 more minutes.
5. Place the shark pieces in the bowl, put in the lemon juice.
6. Cover and cook the shark in microwave for 4-6 minutes or until it is tender.
7. Serve spicy shark with some Spanish rice with corn and green pepper.