- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Korean Food: Spicy Seafood Noodles (짬뽕=JjamBbong) Recipe Video
|Jumbo shrimps||12 Medium, washed, deveined (or 15 Small Shrimp)|
|Squid||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), cleaned, cut into bite size pieces|
|Mussels||15 Medium, cleaned, washed|
|Chopped cabbage||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , cut into 2-inch pieces|
|Chopped carrots||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Spinach||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut into half (1 handful)|
|Green onion||1 , chop|
|Stone ear mushrooms||9 Medium, cut into pieces|
|Green hot pepper||1 , cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Red hot pepper||1 , chop|
|Noodles||1 Packet (Cooked as per the instruction on the pack)|
|Water||6 1⁄2 Cup (104 tbs)|
|Dried anchovies||8 (6-8 or 1 Dried Anchovy Pack)|
|Kelp seaweed||8 , cut into pieces (2 X 2 Inch)|
|For the seasoning|
|Hot pepper oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Minced garlic||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Cooking wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Red pepper powder||3 Tablespoon|
|Soup soy sauce||4 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||2 Pinch|
Calories 1038 Calories from Fat 293
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g22.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 534.8 mg
Sodium 2703.2 mg112.6%
Total Carbohydrates 88 g29.4%
Dietary Fiber 18.4 g73.6%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 96 g191.2%
Vitamin A 115.8% Vitamin C 186.1%
Calcium 27% Iron 96.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a large pan, add water, anchovy pack, kelp pieces and boil it for 5 minutes on medium heat. After 5 minutes remove the kelp from the broth. Boil for 10 more minutes and then remove the anchovy pack. Keep the temperature on medium heat and you will get about 6 cups of broth at the end.
2. In another heated pan pour hot pepper oil, minced garlic and fry for 10 seconds on high heat. Then pour the broth into the pan. Add the cabbage, onion and carrot pieces. Add all the ingredients for the seasoning and boil for about 7 minutes on medium high heat.
3. After boiling the soup for 7 minutes add the prepared seafood; the shrimps, mussels and squid. Once it starts to boil add the spinach and mushrooms. Cook for 5 more minutes on high heat.
3. In a separate cooking pan, add the noodles into boiling water and cook for about 7 minutes or as the package instruction goes.
4. When the soup is almost done cooking add the peppers and the green onions. Cook for 1 more minute and turn off the heat.
5. When the noodle is done, rinse the noodles in cold water several times.
6. In a small bowl, place some noodles and pour the soup along with the vegetables and the sea food over it.
7. Serve warm and enjoy.