- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spicy Fruit Kabobs Recipe
|Salad oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Ground lamb||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Apricots||6 (Fresh Or Canned)|
|Pitted pears||2 , cut in wedges (Cored)|
Calories 158 Calories from Fat 97
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.5%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g23.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 33.1 mg
Sodium 53.8 mg2.2%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.5%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4.1%
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 8 g15.8%
Vitamin A 7.8% Vitamin C 4.8%
Calcium 1.2% Iron 4.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large bowl, tip in the lamb, 2 tablespoons water, salt and pepper to taste and garlic powder; mix well and shape the mixture into 12 2-inch balls.
2. Combine vinegar, sugar, ginger, cloves, oil and remaining 2 tablespoons water; stir well
3. Preheat the grill
4. Poke the lamb balls on skewers. B
5. Bush lamb with spice mixture.
6. Broil lamb 3-4 inches from source of heat or cook on outdoor grill 5-7 minutes and turn frequently
7. Arrange apricots and pears on skewers and brush with spice mixture.
8. Cook lamb and fruit 5-7 minutes until cooked through.
9. Serve hot