- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spicy Fish Soup (Maeuntang) Recipe Video
|For maeuntang sauce|
|Fish sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 , quartered|
|Hot pepper flakes||2 Tablespoon|
|Hot pepper paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Cooking wine||2 Tablespoon (soju)|
|Shiitake mushrooms||2 , soaked in water for 5 hours and quartered|
|Radish slices||1 Cup (16 tbs) (about 1 inch thin slices)|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Red snapper||1 , scale, clean and cut in large pieces|
|Shrimp||2 , heads off and cleaned|
|Clams||8 , soaked in salt water overnight|
|Water dropwort||1 Bunch (100 gm), cut the ends and cut in 2 inch length (minari)|
|Edible chrysanthemum||1 Bunch (100 gm), break in 2 inch pieces (ssukgat)|
|Enoki mushroom||100 Gram, cut the ends and wash|
|Green onion||2 , chopped|
|Red chili pepper||1 , chopped|
|Green chili pepper||1 , chopped|
Calories 421 Calories from Fat 12
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.5%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 157.6 mg52.5%
Sodium 979.6 mg40.8%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.9%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 81 g161%
Vitamin A 67.8% Vitamin C 30.7%
Calcium 21.7% Iron 39.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a blender, put all the ingredients for maeuntang and blend it for 30 seconds to 1 minutes or until smooth, set aside.
2. In a pot, put all the ingredients for stock and heat on medium for 20 minutes.
3. After 20 minutes, remove the kelp and discard.
4. In the stock, add in the fish, clams and shrimps.
5. Pour in the maeuntang sauce and let it boil for 30 minutes on medium heat.
6. After 5 to 10 minutes of cooking remove the foam for the surface, cover and let it cook for rest of the time.
7. After 30 minutes, put in minari, green onion, enoki mushroons and salt, press lightly to push all the ingrdients in the boiling liquid.
8. Add in ssukgat , red and green chilli and let it boil for 2 minutes.
9. Serve hot with rice if desired.